How to Start Investing
Sign up and create an account
- On the top menu bar, click on “Sign up.”
- Fill out all required fields, then click the “Sign up” button.
- We will then send you a verification email via your submitted email address. Open the email and click on the verification button (or enter the code), to confirm your account.
- You have now created an account with us, and you can view all investment details. To invest you need to be verified as an accredited investor. Click on “Apply now” to start the accredited investor application.
Accredited investor application
- Log in to your account, go to the “Account” tab, and “Accredited Application,” then click on “Apply now” to start the application.
- Select how you would like to invest: As an individual, a company, or through a retirement account.
- Answer the “Pre-qualification questions” then click “Continue.”
- Fill out the information page then click “Continue.”
- Gather your documents that prove your accredited investor status. Then click “Apply Now.”
- Fill out the form to create an account with the third-party service Verify Investor.
- You will be sent an email to verify your account. Open the email and enter the verification code to verify your account. Then log back into your account.
- Complete the application form then click “Submit.”
- It will take up to two business days to be verified. You can check your status under the “Accredited application” tab on the Gatsby Investment platform at any time.
You will be notified via email once you have been verified as an accredited investor. At that point you can start investing.
NOTE: An accredited investor verification is valid for up to 90 days. You must make your first investment and complete the wire transfer within this time frame, to avoid having to apply again. Once you have made your first investment, your verification remains valid with Gatsby Investment.
Place an investment
- Go to the tab “Invest” and click on “View all investments” to see what’s currently available.
- Browse the available investment opportunities and click on “More info…” to view the property details and investment information.
- This page shows the property details and financial breakdown. Use the “Investment ROI calculator” to calculate your estimated return based on the amount you wish to invest.
- When you have decided on an investment amount and are ready to invest, click on “Invest now” (or “Pre-invest now” for pre-investments).
- Review the Agreements, click the box to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of the “Subscription Agreement,” then click "Continue."
- Some properties will have the option to continue into a rental holding. If so, you will be asked what you believe you will want to do once the construction phase is complete. Answer “exit” or “continue,” before pressing the button “Confirm Investment.”
- You have now placed an investment and you can view the wire transfer information and instructions to activate your investment.
Wire the investment funds
- When you have placed an investment, you are provided with the wire transfer instructions. You can always find this information under the tab “Account” and “Wire Transfers.”
- Each investment has a unique reference code. Please include that reference code when wiring funds. If you have invested in multiple properties, you must complete a separate wire transfer for each property.
- All wire transfers are required within 5 business days. If your wire is not completed before the due date, your transaction will be voided.
- You will be notified via email once we have received your wire transfer and the investment is active.
Track your investment
- Under the “Account” tab click “My Investments” and select a property to view what stage that investment is in. A progress meter will show the status and percentage of completion.
- You will also receive email notifications once your investment moves from one status to another. For example, when it moves from “Escrow” to “Design and permit,” and “Construction” to “For sale.”
- Sale of a property: When a property has sold and escrow is closed, disbursements will be sent within 10 business days.
- Exit: If you decide to exit an investment, you will receive your disbursements within 30 days of selling your shares in the property.
- Rental: If you invest into a rental investment, you will receive quarterly disbursements from any rental income throughout the 5-year rental period.