MBA in Management and Strategy from WGU
Professional Real Estate Experience
Michelle has nearly 20 years of professional real estate experience, including
- Luxury multi-family community management in the Marina Del Rey area of Los Angeles,
- Commercial property management, specializing in executive office suites in San Diego,
- Property tax consulting throughout Southern California, and
- Self-managing her own portfolio of investment properties in LA and San Diego County.
Real Estate Investing Experience
Michelle began investing in real estate as a college student. She started by purchasing shares in REITs and mutual funds, and in her late 20s, she purchased her first home just North of Mulholland Drive in Woodland Hills, California.
Moving often for her husband’s career in video game development, Michelle and her husband built a real estate investment portfolio by buying a new primary residence with each move and finding renters for the previous home. This strategy resulted in multiple properties in Southern California, as well as a residence in Sweden.
Having experienced international real estate markets, Michelle is uniquely positioned to offer insights on local market trends in the diverse Los Angeles market.
Content Writing Experience
In addition to writing expert real estate investment content for Gatsby Investment, Michelle has written articles on behalf of:
- real estate industry news sources, like Inman,
- boutique real estate firms, like Sequoia Real Estate,
- mortgage lenders, like Veteran’s United Home Loans, and
- financial institutions, like PNC Bank.
Michelle’s Best Real Estate Investing Advice
“Leverage the insider knowledge of real estate experts when building your real estate investment portfolio. Managing your own portfolio of properties comes with a steep learning curve. But joining a real estate syndication project allows investors of any skill level to access complex deals with higher return potential!”